Become a Member
We offer several types of membership. Payments should be made to Account Number 41406507, Sort Code 40-24-10. Details and costs for the 2017/18 season have been circulated to members, for information contact email@example.com NOTE: All new members must be proposed and seconded by existing members of UTRC and their membership will then be approved by the committee. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please download membership form: Membership Application or contact the Membership Secretary, Lloyd Davies, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions of membership
- All subscriptions are due on 1st September, the beginning of the Club’s rowing season and are payable on demand. A reduction is applied to fees paid before 1st October after which the higher rate is applied. Please pay on time and ensure anyone you row with is a paid up member or the club’s insurance for boats, equipment and third parties may be invalidated.
- It is the responsibility of members with private boats kept at the club to ensure they are properly insured and licensed. The club takes no responsibility for any damage to privately owned boats.
- All ages are as at 1st September.
- To qualify as a junior you must be under 18 as at 1st September. Junior members are not entitled to vote on the Club’s business.
- There is a big queue for racks. If you have a rack and it is not paid for by 31st October it will be subject to reallocation without further reference and the committee reserves the right to sell your boat if it remains on club premises beyond this date.
- Associate and non-rowing members may not use Club equipment, boating facilities or vote at the AGM.
- Applications for membership where the use of the Club facilities commences during the rowing year shall be reduced proportionally from the full fee after 31st December. The reduction will date from the time Club facilities are first used not from the date subs are paid.
- Terms and conditions of membership including rates of subscription, method and timing of payments are subject to change in accordance with the conditions, rules and constitution (PDF) of the club.
- If you are racing at a regatta, a head or any other event, you will be expected to pay the whole cost of entrance fees, boat transport and any other costs generally in advance of any entry being submitted.
- On paying your subscription you are rejoining the Club for another year. By doing so you will be acknowledging that information provided by you will be retained on a computer. This information will be used for the purposes of the Club’s administration including the disclosure of names and addresses to other Club members, publishing lists of Club members, telephone numbers and addresses on the ClubÕs notice boards and the Club’s website. The Club will increasingly communicate with members by email and therefore references made in the Constitution (PDF) on publication or dissemination of information can at the discretion of the Committee be made only by email. Membership constitutes your irrevocable agreement that the Club is within the terms of the Data Protection Act and any related legislation in so far as the information held about you by the Club is concerned. You are welcome to ask the committee at any time for a copy of your personal information held by the Club.
- Members must report any damage to boats, equipment and facilities. Members will be liable for the first fifty pounds of any repair incurred and may be liable for other costs if the rowing committee deems that member negligent.
- Only Club members may use Club equipment or the Club’s facilities, unless a member has written permission from the committee stating otherwise. Any damage or third party liability incurred by the guest of a member will be the responsibility of that member.
- If you are representing UTRC or have entered a head or regatta or any other event as UTRC you must wear Club kit and all members of the boat must be fully paid up members of the Club. All members must represent UTRC when racing. In composite boats Club members must wear Club kit.
- If you row at night without lights you are liable to be suspended from membership by the Committee.
- If you are in financial difficulties please speak directly to the membership secretary.
- The Club is now registered for VAT under British Law.